5 Tips for Weight Loss on a Budget

So you want to lose weight but it seems you don't have the time or money for diet food or gym membership. Don't fret because there are plenty of things you can do at home on a budget. As a stay at home mom I know the many challenges of losing weight on a budget. It was very hard for me to just find the time to exercise. Between making bottles, changing diapers, cooking and cleaning I thought I would never lose my baby weight. Suddenly it dawned on me that I didn't need to have a gym membership or buy expensive diet food. I just needed to do 5 things.

1. Make a goal

I am a dessert fanatic. I love sweets. I made a promise to myself that the first month of diet and exercise I wouldn't eat any sweets for 6 days. Monday through Saturday I ate healthy and exercise and if I reached my goal on Sunday ate my sweets. My sweets included sodas and fruit juices.

2. Change eating habits

A lot of people also think to diet means to starve. That is absolutely incorrect and that wrong thinking can lead to a lot of health problems. Diet means to watch what you eat; calorie intake especially. An unknown secret to losing weight is to boost your metabolism by eating fewer calories more frequently. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with sometimes a small snack such as a bowl of special K cereal in-between meals.

3. Exercise

As for exercise I walk my oldest child to school while pushing my youngest in a stroller. It's only 4 blocks away and to think I used to drive; just being lazy. I also have stairs in my home so I run up the stairs and walk down the stairs 10 times twice a day.

4. Use my time wisely

During television commercials I do stretches, crunches, squats, and other lite exercises. I also use can goods while doing my squats and or running in place. There are all sorts of creative ways to find time to exercise. My kids thinks it is funny too so it's not a dreaded time at all. They even sometimes try to do the exercises with me. Imagine a 3 and 1 year old doing squats. It's hilarious.

5. Stay Motivated

Finding a friend or buddy to exercise with really helps you stay motivated. My friend and I send each other text alerts to make sure or remind each other to stay on task. I especially like when people compliment me and ask "Have you lost weight?" or when I take a picture and can see the weight loss for myself. Now that is motivation.

Discover more weight loss tips at 5 Tips for Weight Loss on a Budget

khayyad


Original article

No comments: