Boost Your Morale and Boost Fat Loss

Today, I'd like to help you boost your fat loss efforts by helping you boost something else in your life... your Morale!

No matter how well we're doing on your journey towards health and wellness, or how well we think we're doing, all of us need a little boost now and then, don't we?

So I want to share with you some very simple, yet very effective ways that you can keep your morale high, and stay motivated towards achieving your fat loss goals.

Mirror and Measure...

In other words... "Stay off the scales!" When you rely totally on what the bathroom scales are telling you as you progress, you are destined for disappointment. Not to say that you shouldn't be maintaining a healthy weight, but I see too many people put too much faith in what their scales say, and not enough in what their mirror tells them. Even better yet, do some weekly measurements to really check your progress. Use a tailor's tape measure and record your inches from around your chest, waist, hips, upper arm and upper leg. Do these measurements religiously each week and you'll get a much more accurate idea of how you're doing than any scale could ever tell you.

Reward Every Victory...

Many years ago, when I started my own journey towards health, wellness and fitness, I knew that in order to succeed, I would need all the help I could get! Whether you realize it or not, the decisions we make all day, every day are doing one of two things for your fat loss: they are either taking us a step closer to our goals, or a step back from them. Obviously, we want to be continually moving in a forward, positive direction, so I decided that whenever I did something that took me a step (even a wee little step) closer to achieving my fat loss goals, I would give myself a "pat-on-the-back." I've even come up with my own "scoring" method for my pats too. At any given time, I can receive 1, 2 or 3 pats on the back (from myself). The better the achievement, the more pats I'll give myself. It's a small thing, but when it comes to keeping up my morale, it really helps! Try getting your own little "reward system" in-place, you'll look forward to them every time, I promise.

Find and/or Become a Mentor...

As far as I'm concerned, everything good in life gets even better when you have someone to share it with! Over the years, I've mentored dozens of my clients to achieve their goals, get lean and fit - and stay that way! When you have someone "looking out for you" it puts more pressure on you to want to succeed, and also you have to be accountable to that person. You don't want to let them down, right? No. Of course you don't. So you dig deeper, try harder, push yourself more and more each day until you get where you want to be! If you don't have a mentor currently, I would encourage you to find one. It's not that hard. Just look for someone in your life who is successful, positive and encouraging. Ask them if they will be your mentor, and help you keep your fat loss morale at a high level. Success breeds success after all! Once you have your mentor, and you've reached your goals, you can turn it around and become a mentor to someone else too. This is a very satisfying feeling, knowing that you are helping another individual achieve the same success (or perhaps even greater) that you have!

There you go. Three simple, yet powerful tools you can use to boost your morale, and achieve your fat loss goals sooner.

My Name is Dale Bateman. For over 10 years, I've been helping ordinary people (like you and me) achieve their fat loss goals with my common sense approach to health and wellness. I truly believe that long term fat loss can only be mastered by incorporating what I call my three components of fat loss.

These are Fitness, Nutrition and Motivation. Without all three components, you are setting yourself up for failure. Each week, my blog features a brand new, original post dealing with one of these three components. Also, you can sign up for my free weekly newsletter and free 5 week e-course, "5 S.T.E.P.S. to Losing Your First 5 Pounds."

So if you're looking for common sense strategies for losing fat and achieving optimal health and wellness, please visit my blog today: http://losethefatforlife.com/

Thank you.

Dale Bateman


Original article

No comments: