Overweight People Eat Fewer Meals Than Others

From my experience, I have found that often when people want to lose weight they cut down on how many times they eat over the course of a day. Instead of having say 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks, they will cut out the snacks. Accordingly, many overweight people eat infrequently or irregularly generally three times a day or as little as once or twice. I can see why people think this would be beneficial because surely if you're not eating very often you must be eating less food and therefore you should lose any excess weight.

Unfortunately the opposite occurs. If you're only eating a few times a day you need large portions to satisfy the hunger and keep you going until you eat again which may be 5 - 6 hours or even longer if you're only eating once or twice a day. Some people don't realise that our stomachs are only the size of our fist and are therefore not designed to hold huge amounts. Therefore the stomach expands and the metabolism slows down as the body struggles to constantly process too much food. In addition you are also inclined to overeat virtually every time you have a meal. This is because you are extremely hungry as your body has gone without food for such long periods of time.

Those of us who are naturally thin, tend to eat small portions regularly throughout the day allowing us to lose excess weight and keep it off. This is absolute common-sense. If you eat frequently, you won't get over hungry. This means you will be satisfied with small portions of food. Your blood sugars remain balanced and you don't experience the highs and lows of being either starving or overfull. You are basically giving your body the amount of food it requires when it actually needs it. Therefore it can process it easily, which leads to an increase in your metabolism.

In my own experience, since embracing Natural Eating and eating at least 7 times a day, I can truly say that I eat more food over the course of a day than I used to when I only ate twice. The difference is I have effectively sped my metabolism up by eating regularly and I am no longer trying to plough my way through large meals that my body struggles to process.

So if you really want to lose weight, don't deprive yourself by eating less often, try listening to your body instead and eat "naturally." If you really pay attention you may find that you want food every 2 - 3 hours. You will be satisfied with smaller portions and enjoy feeling light and healthy as your body is no longer weighed down by large amounts of food.

Prior to discovering Natural Eating, I'd had food and weight related issues for over 20 years. Since discovering Natural Eating in the late 1990's and combining it with Personal Development, I have now maintained a healthy and natural weight for over 12 years. I now run my own business, Nourish'N Nurture, teaching people how to lose weight naturally without dieting. In addition I have written an e-book entitled "Empower yourself by eating what you want - how to lose weight naturally without dieting." For a FREE copy please click the following link http://www.weightlossandpersonalgrowth.com/Home.html


Original article

No comments:

Blog Archive